Wednesday 24 September 2008

Interesting times

These are interesting times and I’m continually told that I’ll learn more in the current environment than I would have in the several years that preceded the start of the credit crunch! My senior was out on holiday last week so I was left running the ship. It was a very busy week and I spent a lot of it running from meeting to meeting, interviewing the management of companies we might want to invest in.

This week has proved to be equally busy as the market has been digesting the weekend news of the massive bailout of US mortgage giants, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. It’s thrown up a number of trading opportunities because after the initial euphoria, the general consensus now is that it’s a solution to a symptom not the cause of the problems.

No comments: